Friday, July 03, 2009

It's Hot, Hot, Hot

We have had two of the hottest ... most humid ... days that I have experienced since we moved up here, so I am actually relieved that today was a little over cast with some wind ... and that the clouds managed to squeeze out some rain ... after I got the clothes in!. I really do not do hot and humid.
The only good thing about it being that hot is that one can indulge in ice cream and lollies with out feeling any guilt ... not that I often do ... feel guilty that is.

I am musing over some old photos at the moment as I have created a sheet of card by sticking several off- cut and ripped scraps of vintage style paper ... that shouted from the scrap box ... on to thin white card. Infact I got carried away and made three sheets. I haven't found the ideal photos yet but hopefully I will soon ... maybe by WOYWW, if not before.


Earlier this year (April) I did a DLO plotting a year in the life of my tree ... sad I know ... I did it because it had sprouted a strange flower thingy which later turned into hundreds of berries that the Starlings gorged themselves on, later.... well this year there are FOUR! and the bees love the pollen too.

And now for the close up.



I actually tip-toed around the tree, taking loads of photos, just to catch a bee in shot ... see I am a little mad.

Its there ... in the corner lol.



Last year I noticed a strange smell in the area of the tree ... now I know that it is this blossom, not the bins, that sit close by. Does anyone know what tree this is?
Thanks for reading this.
Take Care xx

8 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

I have no idea what it is but the flowers look gorgeous.

Jocelyn said...

Awesome flowers....I have no idea what they are either!!!! Hot weather....yuck....stay cool sweet friend!!!

Claire said...

great photos, haven't got a clue what they are though...try gardeners world website maybe.
I was glad of the slightly cooler weather too.
xx

Claire said...

great photos, haven't got a clue what they are though...try gardeners world website maybe.
I was glad of the slightly cooler weather too.
xx

Carmen said...

Such a pretty tree. No idea what it is either. (sorry)

Still waaaaay to hot here in Kent. I hate it - am so not a humid weather person, it's the main reason I've never been to sunnier shores, I don't think I could stand it. It would be a total waste of time as I'd stay indoors the whole holiday :P Nah - Loch Ness in August will do me just fine ;)

Carmen said...

And I'm disgusted. I was determined NOT to get a tan this year. I yearn for the pale and interesting look. 3 hours sat outside in the baking heat at daughters sports day and I'm brown as coffee. Why do I bother even trying? Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Paige said...

sorry no idea here either what that tree/plant is. looks great though

Judith said...

What a fabulous flower that is. Like the rest of these not so green fingered bloggers I have no idea what it is. I think I would call it Shozzy's blog tree. x