Friday, July 01, 2011

My Mojo dropped by for a visit.

It is funny how inspiration appears out of the blue …you may remember I said I had a card to make but no mojo… well I had treated myself to a sale bargain …half price Websters Hollywood Vogue pack …as I scanned through the papers and bits in the pack, a few sparks were ignited …then my frugal brain spotted that the piece of card that wrapped round them, and is meant to be discarded, was actually very interesting …and decided to punch out some flowers from it …well waste not want not. Then I remembered seeing a few peacock feathers when I was doing my sort out ... and there are peacocks scattered over some of the papers in this set …and ‘hey presto’ I was off on a roll …forgetting everything else I was meant to be doing…..and this is the result.

This is a closeer look at the punched flowers


I had to bake a birthday cake too as I couldn’t ask Vicki to make her own lol …she liked the idea of a Strawberry Cream Tea so I made a sponge with cream and fresh strawberries, inside and on top.... and a pile of scones to have with Clotted cream and jam …and strawberries …not forgetting crust less egg mayo sandwiches and a few other bits and pieces. I haven’t made a sponge for ages but I think it turned out all right.

The candle is one of an amazing set from QVC ...infact I got two sets ... no drips ... reusable several times ... the flame is the colour of the candle ...and they were reduced.

Take Care xx


10 comments:

fairyrocks said...

I would call those cards time well spent. Wonderful cake too, lucky friend.

Alison said...

Such a beautiful card, lucky Vicki! Scrummy cake too! x

Anonymous said...

I think the spontaneous way it all came together is perfect. Your card is beautiful and that strawberry bit of heaven needs to come my way! :-) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow. What a beautiful and inventive card.
The cake looks yummy and what a neat idea on the reusable candle. How green.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is a nice, sweet and beautiful,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Hettie said...

That card is brilliant and the cake looks lush too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie. Thanks for your visit. Yes we do get our own honey and it tastes divine! No more shop bought and no air miles on it either. I just wish our chooks would start laying so I wouldn"t have to buy eggs either!! Any day now!! As for that picture of my hubby I have a whole series of them and I have ordered them to be printed!! I was in fits when he was movin the coup as I kept going "left a bit no right a bit"!!!
Glad to have made you smile this evening!!!
Hugs
Hettie

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie. Thanks for your visit. Yes we do get our own honey and it tastes divine! No more shop bought and no air miles on it either. I just wish our chooks would start laying so I wouldn"t have to buy eggs either!! Any day now!! As for that picture of my hubby I have a whole series of them and I have ordered them to be printed!! I was in fits when he was movin the coup as I kept going "left a bit no right a bit"!!!
Glad to have made you smile this evening!!!
Hugs
Hettie

RosA said...

That's a great card! I'm sure Vicki will love it!

Carmen said...

The card is gorgeous Angie. Am positively drooling at the cake.

BTW the ugly shoes? Yep they are doing the job for my tootsies. Managed to get my normal nice shoes on today - it seems to be the hot weather that plays me havoc and they have been fantastic. i still hate them but can't fault them for swollen feet. I was the same as you before with stinky trainers :P