Friday, July 05, 2013

Friday Smile ...Play-doh day.


What is it about the weather ??? ....it has been dull and over cast ....typical school holiday weather... so before bed last night,we promised the boys  a Play-Doh morning ....and they have a lot ....we got about half out on to the table, ready for them...and the boys got up in a playdoh frame of mind ....however...the sun was shining ...perfect for a day at the park ...could we persuade them to leave the house ....no it was Play-Doh or nothing.

Their determination....Robbies concentration on the project in hand ... and then watching them having a fun morning, brought a smile to my face.


You may wonder about the School Holidays bit, if you live in England .....Scotlands is much earlier ...July 1st to mid August.

Take Care.xx



13 comments:

Alison said...

He he...this brings back memories! Have fun Nanny! xx

Laura said...

You could occupy me and my next door neighbour for hours with playdoh - literally hours! We would moan when it was tea time and we had to clear up! Happy days :)

Angela Toucan said...

play doh in the garden?

they look like they are enjoying themselves.

Annie said...

We love play dough here too.....but it's just really worm making for the twins as yet :-)
Hugs,
A x

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely to see how engrossed those lovely little guys are... can I join in please?
Jo x

Arkansas Patti said...

I was young before play-doh was born. It looks like fun and I may just get some to play with now.

Gill Edwards said...

ah the stubbornness of children, looks like they had fun though

Gill x

Rian said...

Looks like the boys were having fun! I like the way playdoh smells... and crayons too.

The weather has been nice in the mornings lately - around 70 - so we've been walking in the park. It'll be too hot soon to do that here in Texas.

Caro said...

Playdoh...what fun! Looks like you have a great set there. Thanks for sharing a smile. Caro x (#10)

Tracy said...

I love the concentration on their faces. I guess holidays are the perfect time to do what you want regardless.

Carmen said...

I remember one year, wwhen we lived in Scotland, coming down here to visit my Nan and cousins, and my mum being stopped by truant officers wanting to know why we weren't in school. Of course my Mum, being English and sounding English telling them snootily that we were on SCOTTISH school holidays didn't wash much but you didn't argue with my Mum. And my sis and I only had to open our traps with our little English crossed with Scottish accents. It was quite funny though Mum wasn't amused :)

Love the playdoh piccies :)

mamapez5 said...

Lovely photos - so intent on what they doing. I used to make huge lumps of playdoh for the children in my nursery. it is so satisfying to handle! Kate x

LL Cool Joe said...

That's interesting I had no idea that Scotland had earlier school holidays. My daughter break up this week and next week and then don't back until September.

The sun is wonderful isn't it!