Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween was fun

We were prepared for a quiet evening ... even though we lit our doorstep with a carved pumpkin and tea lights in jam jars but I am glad to report that the early evening, between 5.30 and 7.30, was punctuated by the door bell ... 18 little folk called in total .... all dressed up as witches, zombies and skeletons. Some only ventured up to the door, while holding their mums hand tightly but all were polite and thanked us for the sweetie pokes we had prepared. The cutest two little witches sang us a special Halloween Song which tugged at the heart ....how I wish I had taken photos ...but I thought it might have upset parents.

I cant remember when I last carved a pumpkin ...it was such fun but Vicki did most of it ....I supervised
lol. We didn't waste the pumpkin flesh that was scooped out either ...Pumpkin and Choc chip muffins are yummy.


I finally blogged my
LO's on my FH blog with a little background but I thought I would pop a couple of close ups on hereThis is to show the texture of the distressed frames I hand cut and the lace I used as a trim

The lower one shows the masculine
embellishment I created from a metal button ...not sure where they came from but I unearthed a bag full..... and a short piece of elastic that had a ruffled edge and was hidden at the bottom of my ...well if truth be told ...DD ribbon box.


If you want to see the
LO's or read the backgrounds just click on Glimpsing the Past at the top of the page.

Take Care xx

8 comments:

Morning's Minion said...

Tealights in jam jars sound attractive...and pumpkin choclate chip muffins would be just wonderful with tea.
I'm headed over to your FH site--I enjoy your photo story layouts--have to say that as I'm not a scrapper I don't always "get" the abbreviations used, but that's OK. It can be a learning experience!

Carmen said...

Ooh love those close-ups. Huge fan of lace here so was so pleased to see oodles of it over on GTP.

You know what I'm going to say...pumpkin muffins? Recipe please ;)

Unknown said...

I love these close ups ... I really love that button embellishment ... I may have mentioned it before :0)

I am ashamed to say I wasted the entire innards of our pumpkins ... I will have a word with John and get him to make more of an effort with them next year *ROFLMAO*

Jocelyn said...

So glad you had a fun evening and what a great idea with the tea light in jam jars...I will have to try this out!!!! How cute that the witches sang you a song!!!!! Love the close up pics....looks like fabulous detail and layering....

Wishing you a wonderful week sweet friend!!! :-)

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the littlies...not really getting it, but having fun anyway! We still have a totally intact pumpkin, sonow must get a real grip. Will be back to read the FH blog a little later. Saving it as an after supper treat.

Ann said...

I'm glad you had trick-or-treaters visit when you'd gone to the trouble of decorating the front of your house. Eighteen is loads of littluns! We had 3 call at our house, all dressed up and with buckets in hand, waiting for their treats.
I'm off to FH blog to see your layouts.

Unknown said...

I'm afraid to say I didn't make any effort for Halloween this year, except to supply the local children with sweets. Love your button embellishment.

Claire said...

Looks lovely going to GTP now.x