Thursday, May 29, 2008

On the soapbox......AGAIN!

Third night of the semi finals of BGT and I’m a little disappointed in the British public and I am also beginning to think, that if you are over 16 and don’t have rippling muscles there is very little point of applying to the show unless you are extraordinary and then you would probably have been discovered already. I also feel that there are too many over sixteen singers who should have applied to X-Factor and far to many dance troops who are stars only through the eyes of their parents.
I have to say that the very best so far was the young boy dancer, George Sampson, who won last night.

He will be the Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly/Usher of today and tomorrow …and then some.


I then ask myself, if the prize is to appear on a variety show then why was Hoop La La not in the top 3. They were so entertaining with a little camp humour from the lad and amazing stunts with their Hoopla Hoops …yes those large plastic rings that everyone had in the early 60’s and again in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s most of which were consigned to the shed or the dump because so few of us new what to do with them, even if we had managed to get them to rotate more than twice around our waist. I can still remember rolling mine down hills and chasing them, (yes I had more than one!) at a snails pace hoping that I would never see them again and would have a good explanation for going home empty handed.


Hope you enjoy this video.


No comments: