Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Bit About ME

If my ramblings are to be read by others in the outside world then maybe I should say a little about myself. I am 61 but not the average 61. No I'm not a Jane Fonda or Joan Collins in fact just the opposite, physically, more like an 80 year old weeble on legs. Mentally I still feel 30- 40 which is very hard when I find myself admiring a yummy 30 year old male.
I feel saddened by what is happening in the world and about the young of this country. Unless a miracle happens the future seems very bleak. The young need to be believed in so they can believe in themselves and those that need to carry knives and guns need the most help ...and fast.
In a lighter vein I feel I should explain the Blog title. When Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne's reality programme was aired and every one shared their day to day life, both my grown up children said that I was a mix of the two of them with regards to how I had brought them up, so they gave me the nick name Shozzy. In fact the blog was nearly called Angie's Cafe, as that is what my youth Club members called my home, when they dropped in for a coffee and a sandwich when at a loose end, way back at the end of the 70's. I love cooking too and I may jot the odd recipe down here some time ..... I have a great one for a Coconut cake.

I also love Scrap booking and Card making and I really must get back to Family History. As you can see my interests do not promote a fit healthy life style. I have however given up smoking after 46years and am quite proud of myself ....5 months and still sticking to it. My only problem is that the pounds have piled on even more and if I do not eat something sweet and sticky after meals, I crave a ciggy. The only other time I crave is when I'm stressed so I think I'm doing OK.

My other passion is watching Talent Shows like X Factor. Most times I have the knack of picking the winner, after only the first or second live show. One year I knew that Fantasia would win American Idol after her first audition ...what a talented lady she is. I also often spot who will be a star out of those who are eliminated and I am going to get up on my soap box in my next post, over Britain's Got Talent and there will be several posts like that over this week I expect.

I shall close now as I really need a coffee before inflicting my opinions upon you.

3 comments:

EWhyley said...

Wooo hooo!!! Welcome to blog-land!! Great to read your 'rambles', will check back for life inspiration ... and of course recipies!!

Love ya
E and E
xxxx

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

welcome to the land of blog :) you're gonna love it!!
congrats on giving up smoking after all those years - it's fabby.
Will be back to check out your blog again xx

Inspiration Alley said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Enjoyed reading all about you, your words created the pictures for me.