Friday, June 06, 2008

Mothers ...... who'd have them?

I am sure that is what my son is thinking at the moment, after me visiting him for a few days.
I try so hard not to interfere and not to say the wrong thing but my mouth just opens and the words just pour out.
I can hear them but am not able to stop the flow. I'm hoping he doesn't hear me as he never listened to me when he was at home. Saddly now he listens and I find I have created an atmosphere for an hour or so which finally he tells me off about, as he hands me a mug of tea. I squirm as I drink it because he is right .... its his life and I am just as bad as him about tackling the things I moan about. I sit there and a voice inside my head is shouting "I'm your mother .... and I care. Its my job to nag". Luckily my mouth is full of tea so I manage to keep quiet and soon everything is back to normal. Have I learnt from my mistake? ....YES. Will I do it again? ...I hope not but I'm going to carry super glue in my handbag .... just in case.

No comments: